Thursday, October 23, 2008

Renewing Day by Day

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day" (2 Corinthians 4:16).



Here I am, going through Hebrews in my quiet time, and the Lord seems to be impressing this passage at the end of 2 Corinthians 4 on my heart. As I read it, I am encouraged. Do you ever notice when the outward man is perishing? That new wrinkle, extra pound, or the latest ache in your knee or back? (I hope I am not the only one noticing these! LOL)

What a relief to know that as our bodies are slowly "perishing," God is renewing our "inward man" or our spirits "day by day!"

Do you realize what an incredible promise this is!? Even though we are responding to Him and His Word in repentance and obedience, He is still renewing us! And not every now and then--He is renewing us daily!

No wonder He says we can see fruit in the lives of true believers!



"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:4-5).



How thankful I am that the Lord Jesus doesn't quit on me. He keeps working in my life and renewing me every day! To God be the glory!

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

No comments: