Monday, October 20, 2008

Who Will Be Your Hero?





Our youngest daughter dressed up in princess clothes the other day. Realizing a princess needs a prince, she approached one of her brothers with the proposal. The following conversation transpired.

Little Sister: Will you play with me? I am Sleeping Beauty.

Big Brother: No, that's a girl game.

Little Sister: Please. . . .but you can be the hero!

Wow, how can you turn down that offer, Big Brother? :-)

It seems most girls (and women) desire to have a hero in their lives. Fortunately for Little Sister, she remembered one hero who was faithful; I heard her asking her Daddy later that evening, "You're my hero, right?"

A little girl's hero should be her father (and maybe her brothers, too), and I hope that our girls will faithfully leave their hearts with their daddy.

As daughters of God, we need to be that trusting of Him. We can leave our hope in Him and totally trust the Lord! We have so many promises from Him:

"We do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin" (Hebrews 4:15).



"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).



"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).



"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).



So while I may not have the cute princess clothes like my daughter, I know that I am still a Child of the King and heir to all His promises!

What about you?

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

OH MY GOODNESS~ What a sweet picture! You could just eat her up!

Another beautiful post and it will give me something to think about today as I deal with all the normal squables. The boys must make themselves worthy to be called heros and the girls must be willing to be loved and served.

I'm off to try to tame the Monday Madness!

Jeanette said...

Your posts are so inspiring and edifying!!!! Thank you so much for blogging!!! It is such a blessing to me!!

I got some great pics of Smitty last night!!! I'll have to e-mail you one!!;)

Love ya!