Monday, October 13, 2008

Will You Let the Lord Build Your House?

As an introduction of this new blog, I would like to share a verse that begins 2 of some of my favorite chapters in the Bible:

"Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain" (Psalms 127:1).

What an insightful verse that should cause us all to consider the building of our homes. Are we allowing the Lord to do the work as He guides us through His Word and His Holy Spirit? This involves conforming our lives (choices, priorities, goals, standards, etc.) to His Word. I have realized that comforming myself to the Word involves a renewing of my mind.

"And do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Romans 12:2).

I want the Lord to build our home. (I don't know about you, but I do not want all this work to be in vain! ;-) I want to look to Him every morning for His assignments for the day. I want to be faithful, and I want to serve Him and my family and whomever else Christ puts in our path each day with a humble and grateful heart.

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Yeah! And I get to be your very first commenter! This is going to be fun and I can't wait to read all you have to share with all of us. You really are a wise woman (and a hilarious one at that!). I'll put you on my links.

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

aww!! I wanted to be the first to comment!

:o)

Welcome to the blogging world...and BEWARE...it is addictive!