Friday, January 16, 2009

Moms and Dads, Stay Close. . . .

One night this week, when I was sitting at the hospital with my mother, hubby had an interesting experience at home. Despite the humor, it brings even more light to Proverbs 29:15:



"The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother."



Little Sister came up to her daddy and suggested, "Daddy, I want you to go out to your office."


(Hubby's office is a separate small building behind our house.)


"Why do you want me to go out to my office?" he wisely asked.


"So I can do some stuff. . . . . ." she replied.


"What kind of stuff?"


She proceeded to answer very honestly, "Stuff I will get in trouble for. . . . . . ."


Needless to say, hubby stayed very close. . . . . . . . ;-)





In the Heart of our Home (and tales to enjoy when I'm not ;-)

Rebekah

5 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Can I just come over there and eat her up with a spoon?

Jeanette said...

This is so funny!!!

I've been praying for you and your mom!!

<3

Just A Family said...

funny! She is something else...


hope all is well on your end,
rob

Jill said...

Crack me up! That's about as funny as Abbie telling me that Matt is the best hopper in their family.

Jill said...

Ok, I know you have 5 kids and one on the way and homeschool... but we need a new post!