Thursday, January 8, 2009

"They Glorified the God of Israel"

"Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute, maimed; and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus' feet, and he healed them. So the multitude marveled when they saw the mute speaking, the maimed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Isreal" (Matthew 15:30-31).


The Lord Jesus had compassion on the suffering around Him. Through His power, He healed all who were brought to Him. Notice the result: "they glorified the God of Isreal."

My mother has suffered many sicknesses and ailments in the past 15 or so years. Her medical crises have included skin cancer, bladder cancer, breast cancer, Lymphoma, the chemotherapy that accompanied some of these, vascularitis, encephalitis, staph infection, broken bones, pseudomona, and other lung infections. But the Lord God of Heaven has healed her of each and every one.

Do I believe in miracles? You bet. I know that no matter what your age (she is 81), God is not through with you until He has accomplished His plan for you through your life.

What have I learned from her? I have seen a woman suffer and then be healed, only weeks later to be hospitalized again for something different with a new diagnosis. Yet I never heard her ask, "Why me?" I rarely heard her complain. I did hear her gloify the God of Israel, the God of her salvation and the Lord of her life. Her trust has always been in Him, no matter how dark the pit. Just like in Matthew 15, God has received the glorify for her illnesses and healings.

Now again,. . . .she lies in a hospital bed suffering. This time she suffers from pain that is beyond words. Of course, my human mind wonders, "How will God receive glory from this?" and "Will He heal her again?"

I want to see her pain relieved and removed. I want to see her up again cooking sweet potato casserole and apple turnovers. I want to be able to call her again every morning before I start teaching a morning of lessons and even again at night when I have a simple question about a recipe.

Please pray for her. Please pray for me as I submit to the Lord and pray for His will. Let us wait with hopeful anticipation to see how God will be glorified!

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

3 comments:

Just A Family said...

Oh Sister, I'm praying for you and your family.
Your journey is so familiar to me and as I watch you walk this road I'm
so impressed with how the Lord is using you to Glorify Him.
Please know I'm here for you and if there is anything We can do please let us know.
love,Robin

Mama Hen said...

Oh Rebekah, I wish I could just be with you and help you and do SOMETHING. But, I will pray, for her and the pain, and for you. I love you my sweet friend.

Jeanette said...

I am praying for you all!! I know how difficult it is to see our parents in pain! Please know I am here for you if you need me! I so wish there were more I could do for you!! Seriously - if you need to bring the kids over let me know. Mine are better now and I would be glad to help out in that way if you need me to!!
Love you!
Jeanette