Thursday, April 23, 2009

Leading Others to the Treasure

On Easter, our family enjoyed lunch with the grandparents at our house. Sweet MIL brought a basket of plastic eggs, so after eating, the children took to the yard for lots of fun.

I set 2 rules: 1) everyone gets a turn hiding the eggs and 2) no one may bail out of the game after they have had their turn hiding the eggs. (And, of course, no peeking. ;-)

Of course, after 2 or 3 games, the older children are trying to be patient (and wishing they could quit) but keep trying to continue the fun for the younger ones.

Well, when Little Sister had her turn, I migrated from the front porch rocker out to the yard to help her hide the many eggs for her older siblings (you know, so they wouldn't all be lying right out in the grass ;-). We worked hard looking for sneaky and covert places to place a plastic egg.

When we finally had them all hidden (by that point I was ready to roll them out in the grass myself), she eagerly went to the house calling her brothers and sisters. That is when the humor began.

Instead of enjoying them look REALLY hard for all those masterfully hidden eggs, I watched in amazement as Little Sister joyfully lead all of them to EACH and EVERY EGG!!!

It was a riot to see her running around the yard, leading them excitedly to every little treasure and to see her siblings running along after her, laughing and grabbing as fast as they could.

She just couldn't keep it a secret. It was too good to her to keep it quiet!

I have thought about that precious sight many times in the past 2 weeks. It occured to me. . . . do we not, as Believers, have a Treasure that is much more precious than a plastic Easter egg? We have something so worth sharing--Christ Jesus, and yet, how many of us have lost our zeal for Him?

I know I often find myself more caught up in my daily life than caught up in Christ and His Good News.

I pray that I will rejoice in my Treasure daily and continue to point others the right way because of the JOY of my salvation!

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Sweet, Rebekah! And so true! I can just see her running around showing all her hiding places!

Mama Hen said...

Oh, my goodness, I wish I could have seen that.

And girl, so true...