Monday, April 13, 2009

What We've Been Up To. . . .

I thought I would take a few minutes to share with you some recent pics from the past few months. We have enjoyed field trips, learning while traveling, learning with friends, and, of course, our favorite, learning at home.

While in Tennesee, we stopped by Shiloh National Park to learn about the Civil War's Battle of Shiloh.





Some of the kids thought it was great fun to dress up as Confederate and Union soldiers. :-)






We saw the Bloody Pond and were sobered by its role in the battle. (However, I think the boys were secretly disappointed it was not red. . . .;-)



While we were in NW Alabama, we had an opportunity to fish on Wilson Lake.




One night, Bigger Brother played "Rock of Ages" in the church service. Another night, Big Sister played "Be Thou My Vision." These are some of their recital pieces, and I was so glad they could use what they are learning to glorify the Lord.





We have had lots of fun learning science with our Science Co-op Group. We are using Apologia's Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the 5th Day.



We always love going to visit friends. We learn all kinds of things with Mama Hen and her brood!










Learning at home comes in all shapes and sizes. . . . . . .








Yes, that is a snake. Those who know me well know that I have a tendency to kill these as quickly as possible, but since it was so small, I let them play with this one. Can you believe my sons actually thought I would let them keep it? (I'm not that cool of a science teacher! ;0)



Ahhh. . . . .reading on the front porch. Now this is more my speed. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .





Finally, dear hubby took a few pictures Easter morning that I will share.










I think they're all keepers!!!





In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

What are you doing with that SNAKE!!!!! Do your momma thang and get rid of it!

I love how they are learning science at one friend's house and at my house they are learning to shoot rubber bands at each other. We are real classy around here, you see.

The girls look beautiful in their dresses and I love Big Brother in the first picture.

Just A Family said...

Love the pics.

Snake are you crazy?


love,
rob