Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Testimony Tuesday!!!

Often when I read the Scripture, I am encouraged and reminded to persevere. Other times I see the glory and awesomeness of the Lord and am brought to worship. Then there are times, like this week, when God uses His two-edged sword to bring conviction I greatly need.

My reading yesterday brought me to Philippians 1:9-11. When I first began reading it, I fondly remembered a summer or two ago when a dear friend led a Bible study at her house on these particular verses. However, this time when I read them, I found myself being brought back to them over and over as the Holy Spirit convicted me.

"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."

The most convicting part for me is the beginning: "that your love may abound still more and more."

It is easy to love those who love us. It is easy to love those who are so lovable. It is easy to love when our circumstances are good. But the lost sinners can love under those situations. The Spirit enables us to rise above those circumstantial variables.

But how often I fall short. Even today, after meditating on these verses for 2 days, I once again saw my shortcomings. I was tired after teaching my children, going to the doctor, and then spending over an hour in Sam's. When yet another stranger made a rude comment about our family size, I let my physical weakness blind me from what I often consider a great opportunity to witness.

Did I let love abound more and more? No, I drove away irritated and bitter. How I need the Lord and His new mercies everyday.

God is good. Even the conviction He brings is evidence of His mercy. Thank you, Lord.

What about you? What is God teaching you?

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

1 comment:

Bryan Camp; Cantina Camp said...

This is the only way I knew to introduce myself. Sorry if it isn't the appropriate thing to do on the comments. My name is Cantina Camp, Bryan's wife. He really enjoyed getting to meet you and your beautiful family and spending time with Eric. I would love to get meet you and get to know you. We will be praying for you as the days draw closer for your new blessing to arrive. Take care. Cantina