Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Testimony Tuesday!!!

I want to share quickly what I noticed in Philippians this past week. Paul is in prison and writing to encourage the Philippian church. What has been on my mind is in Philippians 1:12:

"But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel."

Wow!!! What an awesome result of his sufferings! How many of us can say that our sufferings resulted in the "furtherance of the gospel?" So many times our problems result in our whinings or even bitterness!

Yet, isn't God's glory what He desires as a result of our sufferings? I have witnessed friends experience far more pain and tragedy than I can even imagine, and yet some continue to keep their focus on Christ and continue to glorify the Father. Yet other people only wallow in the least tribulation.

I pray I can be like Paul and be able to say, "the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel."

When we face troubles, we can remember what he says in verse 27: "Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ."

What about you? Is the Lord teaching you this week?

In the Heart of our Home,
Rebekah

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Hi! I'm sorry I've not responded sooner. Thanks so much for your well wishes on my blog.

I didn't end up going to the auction, I'm waiting til this week, it just all seemed abit much to get more so soon.

I'll be blogging about it for sure.

You have a lovely blog!