Thursday, September 23, 2010

Look Who's Walkin'!






There is nothing like watching your baby taking those first steps and then to see him progress into a walkin' toddler before your very eyes!


We have all had so much fun watching Little Brother learn to toddle around the house.


He has quite a cheering section. ;0)


Yet, as I see him taking those baby steps, I can't help to think of what John said in his third epistle:

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" (3 John 4).


I mean, really, would there be anything greater?

In the end, it won't matter what sport they play, how well they achieve in academics, which college they choose, or whether they don't.
What matters is whether they are walking in truth.

Actually, John had a lot to say about truth, especially as he heard it from Christ:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).


"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:31-32).


I am encouraged when I see the Lord at work in the lives of my children. When I see the grace of God working in their lives.


As parents, we cannot develop them into Christians; we cannot manufacture their salvation. But as my hubby says, "I cannot make them love the Truth, but I can make them well acquainted with it." ;0)

So, yes, we are making our precious children "well-aquainted" with Truth and hoping and trusting the Lord will make each one His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).

Perhaps in the end, I can say with John, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

3 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I showed the picture to James and told him about him walking now. I told him they would be able to play together now. James made it clear real fast that he could run much faster than him. I told him yes, and he would have to be very careful and take care of Little Brother. I wish you could have seen his face. It was like, "Good grief, how much do they expect out of me?!!!!" :)

I love Eric's quote. One of my new favorites.

Oh, I changed the widget.

Mrs. Jennifer said...

So funny - I think God must have those thoughts on every homeschooling mom's heart as "school season" officially begins! It has been brought up among my group a lot lately, encouraging one another what is truly #1, and the rest, as they say, is gravy! Although, I try to stay away from gravy myself...

*Overflowing* said...

So adorable!!!!