Monday, November 22, 2010

Solomon's Porch Opportunities

This morning I was reading in Acts 3 about Peter and John at the temple. When they met the lame man, they looked on him with compassion.

Peter said to him, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk" (v.6).

The Scriptures tell us that immediately the man was healed. So healed that he went "walking, leaping, and praising God" (v. 8).

Notice how his healing immediately led him to praise the Lord.

But he is not the only one who seized the opportunity to exalt Him.

After the lame man was healed, others saw the results of this miracle and ran out on Solomon's porch, greatly amazed (v. 11).

As soon as Peter saw this opportunity, I noticed that he quickly responded by witnessing and pointing the crowd to the Lord.

So I asked myself, "Am I paying attention to the opportunities in my life that give open doors to glorifying the Father?"

I want to be quick to seize these opportunities, much like Peter was.

What about you? Are you letting these "Solomon's porch opportunities" slip you by?

Obviously, some Solomon's porch opportunities could be great amazing events in our lives, perhaps as amazing as this lame man's miracle.

But there are so many opportunities in our day to day lives that lend themselves to testifying of the Lord's greatness.

How many Solomon's porch opportunities have you had today?

1 comment:

rcsnickers said...

That is such great news!!! I am praising and thanking God with your family!!!!