Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bonding with Boys

So hubby easily spends guy time with our sons in the woods, hunting and camping, or talking Alabama football.

Me? Not so much. I mean, I can talk a little Alabama football. You know, like, "I remember when the Bear was still alive!"

But I'd rather just listen to my sons talk and watch them get excited about it anyway.

So what's a girl to do? I mean, when she wants to bond with her boys?


Play Axis and Allies!!! What else??? :0)


I mean, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!



Lovin' my boys who are so quickly becoming men.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That is some serious bonding!! My boys have asked about that game--we play Risk. We may need to try it.

Sorry to read that you ended up sick! But, ring in the new year healthy! What a new year for your family. I am sure you are so excited to get to China and your sons!

Happy New Year!

Serving the King said...

Oh girl I am soooo with you! John just "gets" the boys. How they think, how they operate, what makes them tick. I have never been a 12 & 13 year old boy before(shocking I know!) so I am clueless and often feel left in the dark! Our joke is that I get the kids from birth to 12 and then he takes over. On another note, John has been wanting Axis and Allies FOREVER, he apparently had it when he was a kid but I haven't found it in any stores...time to hit the online stores I think!

Cantina Camp said...

Thank you for the blog post! I just don't know about this boy thing still! I just try to the mom to three boys (possibly 4) and it is a challenge! Bryan is great with the boys and knows how to handle them...I am still learning!

*Overflowing* said...

I LOVE IT!!! Best game ever :) I was just looking at my boys the other the day (especially my 13yr. old) and it really hit me that my babe is almost a young man. To be honest, it breaks my heart! I don't want him to stay a baby forever but I honestly didn't realize it would go by so fast. Ooohhhh, cherish the time we have with our sweet one's while they still live at home :)