Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Does it Start in the Mind?

Little Sister is a hoot. Have I mentioned that?

But she also adores Little Brother. So it was quite unusual when she became frustrated with him the other day. But he was messin' with her birthday present so the gift seemed to be at stake. . . . .

When she told me she was mad at him I was a bit surprised but reminded her how often she had probably messed up her siblings' belongings. After a smidge of counseling I then suggested she should forgive.

Well, she thought about it a minute then announced, "Ok Mama, I am now forgiving him in my mind."

That sounds like a good start, I think.

Actually, I think there is a lot of truth to her reasoning. Literally.

We must focus on Truth. Focus on the Scripture and God's way of doing things.

"I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplateYour ways" (Psalm 119:15).

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus..." (Philippians 2:5).

So just like Little Sister, I am thinking Truth, meditating on His Word, and trusting God to work in her heart and mine.

No comments: