Monday, February 14, 2011

An Article 5 Valentine!

Seventeen years ago on Valentine's Day I received a diamond ring and a proposal.

This Valentine's Day we received an Article 5!!!

We are praising the Lord that Zheng Zheng's Article 5 was picked up today, the last little stop before Travel Approval. It will be sent to the C*AA in Beijing to await Travel Approval, which normally takes 2-3 weeks from this point. :0)

Where, oh where is Hai Hai's paperwork, you may ask. Ahhhh. . . the question of the month.

Well, I learned today from my 357th phone call to immigration that his 800 application is "in the system" and "in the building!" So it has made it out of the mysterious and autonomous Texas lockbox and found its way to the Missouri office. Where it might be "in the building," who knows. Unfortunately, it hasn't made it to our immigration officer's desk. Hmmmmmm. . . . Anybody out there in Missouri want to go walk it over to the appropriate desk for me? ;0)

If I sound disgruntled, maybe it's your imagination. Or not. . .;-) You see, not only are 2 of my babies waiting on us halfway around the world, but one of them is going to have a birthday next month. And I really want to have them in my arms by then. . . . .

Anyhoo,. . .I keep trying to remind myself of all the wonderful lessons we have learned about God's perfect timing and resting in the Lord's sovereignty. To be honest, some days I find this easy, and other days, not so much.

Like my husband said a few months ago, we definitely have our LID (Lessons in Discipline ;-).

3 comments:

David and Janet Hurley said...

WOOOO HOOOOOOO! SO excited you did not have to wait thru the whoooole CNY holidays!

Mama Hen said...

Well, I for one am so glad you received a ring on V-Day 17 years ago. I can't imagine my life without your family in it. And I'm with Janet about the Article 5-WOO-HOO!

Kelly said...

I read this the other day..God can use the waiting time to mold us into the parents He needs us to be for the children He is sending our way.

I hope that brings you some encouragement during your wait. I am sure being so close is hard! Hang in there, Rebekah!!