Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Introducing the Hixon 2011 1/2 Model. . . .


Gabriel Isaiah Hixon
December 2011
9 lbs. 10 oz.
22 inches


We are so thankful for little Gabriel and for the fact that the Lord would be gracious to us and bless us with this precious child.  He is God's handiwork and a testimony of God's timing from beginning to end of this pregnancy. 

As some of you may know, I discovered the news that I was expecting this little gift while we were in China receiving our other 2011 blessings (April of this year).  Yes, I was overwhelmed and wondering how I would ever do a pregnancy well while I was helping Jonathan and Josiah adjust and attach.  Yet, in our weakness, God is strong.  And throughout the past 8 months, I have seen time and time again how man's wisdom cannot compare to God's.

The majority of the pregnancy was uneventful and even easier than some in the past.  I never felt like it was interfering with the bonding process or adjustment period after the adoptions.  It wasn't until the last 2 months that I began to feel the toll of the pg and never really felt the "miserable stage."  (just really close ;)  All of this I attribute to God's grace.

The last few weeks proved a little more interesting bc Gabriel seemed to be fickle about which way he would turn.  This turned out to be bc of an excess amount of amniotic fluid.  Several factors resulted in our scheduling a c-section.  This would be a first for me, and my attitude was not shining about it.  But God always has a plan.

We woke up early to be at the hospital by 5:30 AM; the c-section was scheduled for 7:45.  Bc of my anxiety over the whole ordeal, I knew I should read Philippians 4:6 before leaving for the hospital.  I read it over and over, making sure I knew it by heart.  ;)  It was then I noticed Philippians 4:5:

"Let your gentleness be made known to all men; the Lord is at hand."

Now this was very convicting to me.  I knew my lack of trust in the Lord's plan was a very poor testimony, and this verse chastised me, showing me it made a mockery of the Lord's name to say I had faith but to not really trust Him in this, too.

I did not realize how much I would need this verse just 2 hours later. . . . . . . .

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh he's so sweet! I just want to kiss those fat cheeks!!!

Cantina Camp said...

Congrats!! Thank you for the Christmas card! Hope mommy and everyone else is adjusting well! Praise the Lord!

Chronicles of Mommia said...

Congrats! You have an amazing family and you are an amazing woman!