Sunday, April 22, 2012

Theology by Jonathan

Tonight as we were sitting around talking, Jonathan was playing at my feet. 

Being very speech delayed, he is often hard to understand.  (understatement ;)

So tonight, when I had to ask him to repeat something 2 or 3 times, I was not expecting to decipher a great theological statement.

Yet, there it was.

And on the very day that I had foolishly wondered how he would ever be able to understand God's offer of salvation. . . . .

Looking at me with his precious and, so very often, innocent eyes, he said, "Jesus is God."

It doesn't take much theological pondering to realize how he learned this.

The same Jesus who is God has already begun revealing Himself to little Jonathan.

Who am I to doubt?  It is not dependent upon Jonathan's delays or lack thereof. 

It is God who opens the eyes of the spiritually blind.

Once again, and in a very new way, I am so thankful for His grace and the faith that is a gift of God.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God"  (Ephesians 2:8).

3 comments:

*Overflowing* said...

LOVE this!!!! God is so good...He bridges the gaps in ways we could never imagine!

MamaHen said...

Oh Rebekah-What a blessing he is-in all of our lives! This is such a reminder of His Goodness to us. There is nothing we could ever do-He did it all!

Laine said...

Praise the Lord! I just love that little Jonathan so much! And I know your momma heart must be singing God's praises for how He is working in Jonathan's heart! What a sweet glimpse of glory!