Thursday, October 18, 2012

Glimpses of Grace

 
Every mama has great kids. 
I know.  I have 9 ;)
 
Hannah would correct me.  11.
 
And ya know how sometimes you get glimpses into
what God is doing in their lives?
And even glimpses at how absolutely wonderful
you see your child is and how thankful you are
for what God is doing?
 
I get those glimpses with each of my kids.
Glimpses of encouragement.
Glimpses that give hope.
 


Recently, I received another such glimpse.
 
 
We were in church, partaking in the Lord's Supper.
Our church shares the Lord's Supper regularly, about 2 times a month.
And we are encouraged to take that time when possible
to teach our little ones about Christ, His death and resurrection,
and how communiun "remembers" what Christ has done.
 
So I am often explaining the cup and the bread to whichever little is sitting closest
and hoping it will etch spiritual lessons in their hearts.
 
Recently, Joshua and Josiah were sitting directly behind me,
and I overheard quiet whispers.
 
"This represents Christ's blood.  He shed His blood on the cross to pay for our sins."
 
"This repesents Jesus' body.  He died on the cross to pay for our sins."
 
My 13 yo Joshua was taking the opportunity to remind little Josiah
why we shared in the Lord's Supper and what this act of remembrance meant.
 
I was so pleased to hear him sharing what he knew.  The Word tells us to tell the
works of the Lord from one generation to the next (Psalm 78).  In faith,
I keep sharing and telling, praying His Word will not return void.
 
 
And what an encouragement to hear my 13 yo faithfully testifying
to his 5 yo brother! 
 
 How can we as parents do any less?
 


2 comments:

Laine said...

Well, thank you for this 10 p.m. cry, friend!
So precious...

MamaHen said...

He is such a wonderful young man Rebekah.